LAX Terminal 1 Information
What's New at Terminal 1
A $477.5 million extension of Terminal 1 into a formerly open area includes the first Terminal Vertical Core, which will connect the building to a pedestrian walkway to the future CTA Center Automated People Mover Station. The new construction also includes a bus port, and additional ticket counters and baggage carousels, plus restrooms and a service-animal relief area.
For interactive 3D map click here.
Airlines at Terminal 1
- Parking for Terminal 1 is located across World Way in Parking Structure 1. Guests should go to the lower level of the parking structure to cross World Way.
- Skycaps are available for Southwest customers near the center of the terminal on the Upper/Departure Level.
- Arriving Viva Aerobus customers will clear customs at the Tom Bradley International Terminal while all others are bused to Terminal 1, where they will find their checked baggage on Carousel 4.
- Terminal 1 includes two security screening checkpoints, one in the eastern portion of the building, primarily for Gates 9-18, and one in the western portion of the building, primarily for the bus port.
- Terminal 1 includes more than 24 dining and retail establishments, including a food court down the hall from the bus port.
- Allegiant (service starts May 18, currently in Terminal 5)
- Viva Aerobus (departures only, service starts May 1, currently in Terminal 6)
- Sun Country Airlines (service starts May 11, currently in Terminal 5)
- Frontier Airlines (start date to be announced, currently in Terminal 5) and Aer Lingus (start date to be announced).
Except for Southwest, all other guests check in at the west end of Terminal 1.
- Two service-animal relief stations are available, one pre-security near Baggage Carousels 3 and 4, and one post-security near Gate 13.
- A lactation room is located near Gate 13.
To optimize your shopping and dining experience, you are now leaving our LAX site and entering our partner site, URW LAX Shop & Dine. Please come back soon!